Terminal Server "Please wait for the local session manager"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server "Please wait for the local session manager"

Hello, this is my first post in this forum so first I'd like to welcome everyone.

I have HP server with two six cores CPU and 100 GB of ram (ESXi host)
    There is a issue with connection when user's count is around 40 and more. When user try to connect via rdp the "Please wait for the local session manager" shows up ant stays for 30 or 40 seconds and nine times out of ten the user is disconnected.
    Does anyone know the solution?

What OS is the terminal server running?
    What share of the host resources does it have?
    How many licenses do you have?
    What (if anything) is unusual in the event logs?

Anything else you can tell us to help?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Windows Server 2012 R2 and this is only vm on the machine so it is using all the resources.
      The event logs shows Event 40: Session has been disconnected, reason code 12

Comment

Are you sure your VM isn't running out of resources? Have you checked the CPU, RAM, and I/O when it's under load? If the VM has 100GB of RAM divided by 40 users, that;s 2.5GB per. So depending on what applications they are using the demand for RAM could easily be exceed what is available.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I've checked several times, cpu and ram utilization are always below 60%

Comment

Working...
          X