Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My company's Domain Controller name and Website Name became same, DNS resolving issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My company's Domain Controller name and Website Name became same, DNS resolving issue

Hello All.. Please help me for my Issue, the issue is, my company's domain controller name and website name became same, example domain name abc.com and website name www.abc.com ... whenever domain users tries to access website they get error page not found.. it means system resolving DC DNS not website DNS... please share if you have any solution.

Your workstations follow the name resolution of your domain controllers. Your zone abc.com is authoritative on your domain controllers. It won't query abc.com externally as the zone is hosted locally on your domain controller. I suggest just ceating the DNS entry for your website on your DNS zone on the domain controller.

Comment

Create an 'A' record for www in your DNS server and point it to the relevant IP address.

Very common issue.

Comment

And educate your users to use www.abc.com instead of abc.com when they want to get to the website.

Comment

Thanks for your all replies.. Do i need to set reverse DNS too??

Comment

Setting up a reverse zone is up to you but you would only do it for your internal subnets. You would not set it up for the public IP address. And the reverse lookup is generally not needed for applications and websites.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X