Mirror client storage or document on the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror client storage or document on the server

Hello All, In the small company network i manage we have a local domain, i want all the work or documents on the clients computers to be mirror or saved on the domain server. How do i go about this.

Thank in advance

Folder Redirection combined with offline files
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Folder Redirection combined with offline files
      Thanks Ossian, this worked. But the redirection is very slow..is there anyway i can speed up the process??

Comment

Can you elaborate a bit
        Is the slowness:
        a) clients picking up the redirection?
        b) speed of accessing files
        c) something else

At present the answers are (pick up to three from) buy faster network, buy faster servers, buy faster PCs
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Can you elaborate a bit
          Is the slowness:
          a) clients picking up the redirection?
          b) speed of accessing files
          c) something else

At present the answers are (pick up to three from) buy faster network, buy faster servers, buy faster PCs
          Alright, what i mean is, the clients folders and contents are slowly showing in the Redirected folder...for over a week now, the client folders hasnt fully reflected on the redirected folder on the server

Comment

Working...
          X