Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest the best option for bckup(hardware +software)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest the best option for bckup(hardware +software)

I would like to implement a backup solutions in my organization. It is windows 2012 ,failover cluster, hyper V, exchange server 2013, SQL 2012, & also it has SAN attached to VM's. I was using WSB for backup till date by using SAN volumes to the VM's & other physical server. However , i would liek to go for more reliable backup solutions. like Acronis, backup assist etc..pls suggest me the best option.. Also I want to save this backup on another hardware disk ...so pls suggest me what will be the best option to save this backup on another hardware ..(like NAS, etc)

We can suggest products and setups we like but to really design a solution you should probably get some help.

Best advice I can give you on designing your backup solution:
    - have 3 copies of the data (the one you use and two backup copies)
    - Have one of the copies off site
    - Have the whole process automated Try to avoid swapping hard drives or talking them off-site. Better to have all all your backups on large local storage and also replicated over the internet. Relying on people (even yourself) to swap things out is a bad idea.
    - Take the time to find out the business requirements for RTO (how quickly you need to be able to restore data) and RPO (how far back and the intervals you need to have restore points). These two things are going to greatly influence what solution you design and choose.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
    X