Remote access to file servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote access to file servers

Hello everyone, i would like my clients computers that are on the domain to be able to access the file servers on the domain when they are out of the office network or in remote locations. I attempted adding Remote access>Direct ACcess and VPN role but keeps popping up with errors...kindly assist, we need to work from remote locations during the holiday break. I have attached the error i see when i add the role

A few more clues about what you have done and the errors you are getting would be helpful. Nothing is attached

Direct Access is fussy, but once set up, works very cleanly
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      A few more clues about what you have done and the errors you are getting would be helpful. Nothing is attached

Direct Access is fussy, but once set up, works very cleanly
      I tried installing roles but saying a file is corrupted. I don't wanna use Direct Access because my organization isn't too large just 10-30 clients. Attached is the error screen shot
      Attached Files

Comment

Try reinstalling specifying the actual media as an install source.

As an alternative,I have had very effective results with LogMeIn Hamachi - cost for a 32 client network is around $40 per year
        Install on clients and servers, then use RDP to connect or browse shares directly
        www.vpn.net and I think you get 30 days free trial

Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Try reinstalling specifying the actual media as an install source.

As an alternative,I have had very effective results with LogMeIn Hamachi - cost for a 32 client network is around $40 per year
          Install on clients and servers, then use RDP to connect or browse shares directly
          www.vpn.net and I think you get 30 days free trial
          I dont understand what you mean by reinstalling specifying the actual media as an install source? are you refering to the window server OS?

Comment

If you install a feature using powershell, you can specify an alternate install path:
            http://woshub.com/how-to-install-net...erver-2012-r2/
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

If you install a feature using powershell, you can specify an alternate install path:
              http://woshub.com/how-to-install-net...erver-2012-r2/
              alright, i will do that and get back to you..thank you very much

Comment

Working...
              X