Demoting 2012R2 DC asking to Remove DNS Delagation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demoting 2012R2 DC asking to Remove DNS Delagation

I have an active directory where I need to remove a domain controller. FSMO roles have been transferred to another DC. All the domain controllers are Windows Server 2012R2 but the functional level is 2003.

When i attempt to remove this DC I am prompted to 'Remove DNS Delegation' before setting the local admin password. However when I do this in a lab, I am not asked this. also I have been unable to see any other videos on it. I worried its going to wipe out my DNS.

Why am i being prompted for this on this server? Do I keep it checked, or do i unchecked it? Also it has a button for credentials and states "no credentials supplied:.

First hit on https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverDS
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks, I read through that before. My concern is that I was NOT expecting this Removal Option. There are no delegated zones, non-that I am aware of. When testing in a lab environment I am not prompted for this. leads me to think that either I'm missing something or something is mis-configured. Do I keep it checked or unchecked?

Comment

As I understood it, it is used to determine whether the host name of the machine where dcpromo is being run should be removed from the remainder of the DNS servers, so that they do not try to communicate with a non-existent DNS server.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X