Trust relationship failed in server 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust relationship failed in server 2012

Some client pc on my domain says, 'the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed'..how do i reestablish trust between them without having to rejoin to the domain or losing valuable info

Try checking system clocks are in sync with the PDC Emulator (default is up to 5 minutes skew is allowable).
    Once that is checked and OK, use the procedure here to re-establish the trust: http://implbits.com/active-directory...in-to-fix.html
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Try checking system clocks are in sync with the PDC Emulator (default is up to 5 minutes skew is allowable).
      Once that is checked and OK, use the procedure here to re-establish the trust: http://implbits.com/active-directory...in-to-fix.html
      one of the client pc as the time set incorrectly, but attempts to change the system time brings up admin credentials and when i enter the admin credentials it still gives me the error

Comment

Use a local admin account - you DO have one, don't you?
        Alternatively disconnect the network cable and try the domain account again - using cached credentials
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Use a local admin account - you DO have one, don't you?
          Alternatively disconnect the network cable and try the domain account again - using cached credentials
          Thank you..issue resolved..all working now. thanks for your assistance

Comment

Working...
          X