Deleted User and Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted User and Files

Hello all - I'm sure this is a very simple question, but not sure of the answer myself. I've been away from work for a reasonably long time (over 6 months), but having returned to work now, my IT manager says my user information, including all of my files and folders associated with it, have automatically been deleted by the server due to inactivity. Is this possible? I can't believe such information could simply be wiped by inactivity. Even if the guy who set up the server to start with instructed Windows to delete inactive users, wouldn't the system give some sort of warning first before deleting actual files and folders. We're talking Word, Excel, PSD documents and goodness knows what else.
    Any info would be Much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mr D

Nothing in windows server will do this automatically, but policies may well have been set up to do this. It is easy enough to do - a couple of scripts and, for Exchange emails, a short retention time.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could you request that your data be restored from a backup?
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X