Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2012 r2 64 bit Backup and restore

hilo
    i need help my old server wasinfected by DMA Locker is ransomware lost all my fectory data
    end i format my server
    end nowe i have server 2012 r2 s a terminal server with 4 users it is alot off work alot off time
    my question is
    progrem like
    Macrium Reflect Server end Acronis-Backup-Advanced-Workstation-Server

well work with my server 2012 r2 end well help me restore my server asap from boot ?

regard
    Last edited by starfdorce; 15th October 2016, 10:42.

Probably best to check the manufacturers websites for confirmation, but as far as I know, Acronis supports bare metal restore - I have never used Macrium
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hilo
      end thenx for the reply m8
      how cen i check manufacturers websites i have dell t110 ii with raid 2 hd
      end what software you rcomend ?

Comment

Go to (other search engines are available). Type in a phrase like "Acronis Bare Metal Restore" and see what the results say.
        Do you have either piece of software or are you looking for something? If so, consider for "Best Bare Metal Restore for Server 2012" or similar.

I can't recommend anything because there are too many unknown factors such as (but not only):
        Volume of Data
        Frequency of Backups
        RPO and RTO
        Budget
        Other software (SQL, Exchange etc.) which needs to be considered
        Remainder of the environment
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Server 2012 R2 has this built in, well it certainly did in Server 2008 R2.

Let me spool up a VM and see if it works, i'll also try and dig out a link to the process.

Comment

Tested in a 2012 R2 VM and the backup process is the same as this, make sure you have installed the Windows Server Backup feature first.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...metal-restore/

I would assume the restore process is the same.

Comment

Restore process is the same.

Comment

Working...
              X