allow user to use specific programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allow user to use specific programs

We are using windows 2012 and windows 2008 as domain controller and my users are software developers. They are using visual studio and sql server in their local system , They are logging in using their own user name and password in domain in their windows 7 system. I must have made them as a local administrator in their system otherwise they are not be able to work in visual studio and sql server.

Now if i make them as a local administrator, they start installing some unwanted programs in their system without informing IT Dept. Can I lock this functionality that they can work as admin in visual studio and sql server only but not be able to install any program nor be able to uninstall any program and not be able to make any registry changes..

Thanks..

Applocker would do it - but you need Win7 Enterprise edition IIRC

How about user-re-education - if they install stuff they shouldn't, set HR on them (I presume they have signed an AUP?)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X