Suggest me the best backup solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest me the best backup solutions

I hve a small organization with Exchnge,SQL,DC and few app servers. Pls suggest me the best backup solution. I m planning for Tape backup(hardware ) with symantec software.Will tape backup be good idea or something better can be done as well. I also have SAN Storage of 65 TB but using tht for most of the other things ,hence planning for backup device.Suggets me any reliable economical hardware back-up solutions .

Too many unknowns:
    How much data?
    What rate of change?
    What are your RPO and RTOs (and any other applicable SLAs)?
    What retention periods?
    What storage is available for your backup media?
    What is your budget?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ThnQ for the response Ossian, I just wnt to routinal server backups and no specific individual data of the clients/users.3-5 TB will be sufficient for the backup .I am using external disk for the backup and no specific storage is being used as of now.Existing SAN storage capacity is fully being utilized for vaious purpose which includes camera recodings etc. Budget wil b aroud 5-10k $ & it should scalable as well. Another thing which you may find it a bit weird , I would like to implement this backup device along with Symantec netbackup/backupexec . .. Please suggest

Comment

Barracuda has some very good solutions:

https://www.barracuda.com/products/backup

Comment

Can you explain "along with Symantec" a bit further - are you wanting two separate backups, or backup of your backups?

As a rule, products like Exchange and SQL Server don't like multiple backup solutions due to the log file truncation requirements
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok.. hers is the conclusion. I hve decided to go with basic Mycloud NAS Arrays of 24TB (WD Device).. along with Acronis/Backupassis/Veritas backup software... This is for the main backup noit the backup of backups. I would like to backups SQL,Exchange Win2012 and couple of other servers as well. Multiple backup is not the concern as of now. Thnx. Is it gud idea to implement WD My cloud NAS with above softwares... I also have IBM Storewiz7000 but tht is being used as VM PAsstrhu disks and I dont wnt to use this device for backups.

Comment

Working...
            X