No announcement yet.

Replacing Website Certificate in IIS 7

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Website Certificate in IIS 7

I am new to certificate management and have a question in regards to replacing a certificate that is going to expire. We have two webservers(behind an F5) running on Server 2012 r2 IIS version 7. We have purchased a wildcard cert to replace the existing one and i was wondering how to replace this cert. Is it as easy as removing the cert and importing the new one? Any help would be appreciated

I have found the answer to my question . I am unsure how to delete this post but it is resolved.

Rather than delete your posts/thread, how about sharing with the Community how you resolved your problem so others may benefit from your newly gained knowledge and be able to fix it if the same issue occurs on their system.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

It is as easy as deleting and replacing the cert but you then have to bind it to the site so it will work.

Am I the only one wondering how can it be possible to run IIS 7 on Windows Server 2012 R2? Or am I missing something?

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Windows 8 probably gave him a phobia of that number
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **