No announcement yet.

Suddenly Cannot login to Server 2012r2 DC as Administrator

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly Cannot login to Server 2012r2 DC as Administrator

I am running Windows Server 2012R2 as a Virtual Machine within VMware vShphere 5.5 and using Veeam backup as well.
    Everything has been running fine for ever until now when all of a sudden I can no longer login to the server even as Domain administrator.
    I get an error saying "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request".

So, I went to my Veeam replicas and restored back to the day prior and the end result was the same ... I still could not logon and same error.
    So I went back further in time a yet the same issue so I'm at a loss of what is causing this issue and how to fix it.
    Until this point I have had no issues and the server has been rebooted many times to install Windows updates, etc.

I can ping this server from a client PC.

Could this be a vmware issue with the NIC or something as to why AD and DNS are not starting?
    Any advise would be appreciated!
    Last edited by edb; 30th June 2016, 22:31.

Can you remotely access the event logs from another machine? Try to log on, then access the logs so the events are at or near the top of the list.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Disconnect the virtual NIC, it'll force a logon using the cached credentials.....reconnect NIC and start troubleshooting....

If its a DC, will it ever use cached credentials?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **