• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS Replication Directory

Hi all,

I just created one directory on each server with DFS enabled

E:\Share

now in the DFS Management I created New Replication Group called Share and added Server1 and Server2 where Server1 is primary.

I'm currently copying the files into the E:\Share on Server1 and I see it being slowly replicated to Server2

Question was that I do not see the replication directory using the namespace.

mycompany.com\dfs\

Of the above I should be able to access \\mycompany.com\dfs\Share

but I cannot see it at this point.

Is it because replication hasn't completed? or have I missed some step?

Please advise

Did you create the DFS namespace, then add a folder to the namespace and point the folder at the share? When I create these they show up immediately. However, we don't have the capacity for data replication so have never replicated the data, but I have added namespace replication so that DFS is shared between, and can be accessed via two servers.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

All you've done is setup some DFS replication, not actually created a namespace.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response.

The name space was already created but for some reason it wasn't populated when I opened the DFS Manager.

Comment

Are you saying the folders had been removed after you had created them?

Comment

It seemed that it was already created but it didn't show up automatically as it 'should' I needed to reconnect in order to display the correct name space.

Comment

Strange. When I add/remove folders from our DFS namespace and open the namespace on a client the changes are visible straight away.

Comment

Working...
              X