Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO for Desktop restricted access

Hi,
    I manage a small domain network and i have a tricky question about the way my clients work. In my domain there are some desktops and some laptops. The documents used by the clients are important and some of them classified. Desktop PC users are not big of concern since they work only at their office. The problem is with laptop owners. They, sometimes wish to take their laptop at home and work. I thought of maybe finding a way to prevent the users from saving documents somewhere on Desktop (there are only 4 shortcuts on each user's Desktop that point to a server location), so they cannot put some confidential documents outside the server location and just retract them from laptop when going home. The only way to take some files from work at home so far is through me at work, where i transfer the files they need, after writing down the names of the files transferred. Is there any way to track the changes or audit files, after a laptop is disconnected from the domain, when it reconnects with it?
    Any help appreciated.

This looks like a classic DLP scenario. Did you look into the various DLP solutions out there?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X