No announcement yet.

Aircon for server room

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon for server room

We have built a server room 9 metre square. there are 2 rack cabinets, 1 PBX, 2 servers, 2 UPSs, 12 switches in side.

I have a plan to install 2 aircons Daikin 9000BTU for this room. Everyday I will use remote turn one on, and the other off. During holidays I will ask guarders do this task from outside the door.

Anyone can advise me whether this solution is good?

Thanks a lot.

A clue as to the climate you are in would be helpful - it seems a trifle OTT for high latitudes where opening a window is often enough

Also for the small amount of kit you have (total wattage of power supplies please?) a 9m square (or do you mean 9 sq.m) room seems a bit much
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

While having 2 aircons in the room is good from a failover standpoint (which I whole-heartedly agree with), I also agree with Ossian about the size of the units you're planning on. But more importantly, you may end up doing more damage with a daily on-off switchover, as opposed to a weekly or bi-weekly one. The start/stop will put more wear on the refridgerant pump than if you leave it run for a while, and that wear leads to premature failures. I would seriously consider a 2-weeks on/off cycle as opposed to daily.
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **