Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my DHCP server exhausted with external addresses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my DHCP server exhausted with external addresses?

I have Server 2012 and it's Domain and DHCP role installed. I'm confused that why my DHCP scope exhausted with external IP address the one shows in image "us-bank-dns.com", means my scope given IP addresses to external systems how?? Plz do help me. I'm attaching picture of it

Some more information about your environment would be good.

Comment

Ok,like what info do you required?

Comment

Current setup?

Number of AD servers?

How is DHCP configured?

Where is DHCP installed?

Firewall and external users getting access to your internal network somehow?

Cmon mate there could be a huge number of reasons why your DHCP scope is saturated with info from what appears to be another domain. Your environment is more than likely unique to your organisation and as such any suggestions we make are purely based on the assumption that your environment is setup in the same manner as mine.

Comment

As well as the above, you could explain how your remote access is set up. How do you authenticate remote staff, etc.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by zeebaluch View Post
            I have Server 2012 and it's Domain and DHCP role installed. I'm confused that why my DHCP scope exhausted with external IP address the one shows in image "us-bank-dns.com", means my scope given IP addresses to external systems how?? Plz do help me. I'm attaching picture of it
            When you say "external systems", remember these could be machines that are accessing your network through VPN. Do you have remote access configured?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X