No announcement yet.

Windows server Cluster load balancing ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server Cluster load balancing ?

We have 2 2012 RS Servers running Active Directory Federation services in a Windows Cluster. My question is more for curiosity as it does seem to be working but anyway. As I understand it the servers should load balance the work but the CPU utilization on Server A averages about 20% but Server B it averages about 85%. Like I said it does seem to be working when one goes offline for any reason the other takes over, I'm just wondering if I may have something configured wrong to not distribute the load evenly even though I haven't been able to find any specific settings related to that. Just curious if anyone else has any thoughts.

Have you actually correlated the CPU utilization to the load balanced workload? It could be completely unrelated.

Is this an "active-active" cluster as normally a workload will be on one or the other member?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **