Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsus and installed updates automatically in the client computers

Hello,

I am studying WSUS, and it seems to go fine for the clients, but I don't know whether the updates will be installed automatically. That is what I set up in a GPO, to be installed from the WSUS sever, but then , I went to a client computer and I had to check the updates manually.

Thanks in advance.
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

Same settings as for updates from MS - either (IIRC) notify only, download and notify for install or download and install

Review all the various update settings including scheduled reboots as they can affect users badly....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you seen this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/.../dn595129.aspx
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Review all the various update settings including scheduled reboots as they can affect users badly....
        This was really helpful a tip !!

Yes Blood, I had seen that, but I thought I set it up to being automatically installed but I did not, I set up the GPO just to download the updates, and be notified in the client pc, sorry.

Thanks both Ossian and Blood.
        -
        Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
        X