Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be an issue to Change Server 2012 Domain Controller Subnet Mask?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be an issue to Change Server 2012 Domain Controller Subnet Mask?

Hi, I'm using Server 2012 Domain Controller and also have TMG 2010 and Exchange Server 2010. Well, my current IP is "10.10.1.0/24" IP range and this gives me 254 hosts. Now my workstations are exceeding over 400 and my current IP obviously won't support it. So I need to change my current IP subnet from "10.10.1.0/24" to "10.10.1.0/22". Its really easy to change subnet from NIC but will it raise some issue in my Domain or Exchange environment? And Should I also modify Subnet in "Active Directory Site and Services Subnet's option"?Please guide me what steps should I take to change my current subnet? Thanks

No bad side effects as long as clients can reach the DC over the network. You will also need to change ADSS.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What he said (LOL). No worries, as long as you figure out basic networking connectivity, fix Active Directory Sites and Services subnet, change firewall and router rules, and if needed, DNS settings. Also, if you have DHCP, make sure you make necessary changes there as well.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X