Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDS 2012 R2 - when connecting externally RDS server tries to issue CA .local cert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDS 2012 R2 - when connecting externally RDS server tries to issue CA .local cert

Hi guys,

Im having an issue with our RDS external connection, our domain is domainA.local although we also have additional domain names in this case DomainB.com

When I connect externally to our RDS broker which has a certificate of remote.DomainB.com installed issued from godaddy initially all seems ok. The website has the correct certificate I click on the desktop which I am trying to connect to and it has the correct domain name etc. Up until I actually click connect - what happens then is that I get a prompt "The identity of the remote computer cannot be verified.....etc" and its showing an internal certificate of "CA\DC name".DomainA.local and wont allow me to connect.

Any ideas where its picking this certificate up from as the RDS Server only has the external remote.DomainB.com cert configured.

Thanks

Fixed - not that I found it documented anywhere but RDS requires port 3389 redirected to the RDS server to allow the connection. As we had a NAT rule pointing 3389 to a different server it was getting confused (nothing to do with certificates).

Anyway - fixed

Comment

Working...
    X