Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home directory disconnect causes Windows Explorer to freeze

Hello,
    First off I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum. I hope I am and I am sorry if I am not....
    Each domain computer (Windows 7, XP) points to a Windows Server 2012 for their home directory documents etc. I have had a couple of instances where that server locked up for some reason (which I think I fixed). When that has happened it causes all the domain computers to function very slowly and won't allow a user to even open a local document on their desktop. Well it does allow them but it takes forever to open. Any ideas what might be causing that? The home directory is mapped through a GPO and they also have a 3-4 shared drives mapped. I was thinking it might have something to do with indexing but I am not sure. Any help would be great.

Thank you,
    Tony

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this?

Thanks!

Comment

People give help in their free time, and if they can. Please do not bounce your post as it tends to annoy the moderators / admins
      Microsoft will provide support immediately if you call them. They accept all major credit cards

Your idea of indexing is possible - check the search service on the clients to see if they include the home drive (if you have relocated My Documents to it, very possibly). No other brilliant ideas from me,I'm afraid
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tony414, this could be related to a permission issue. Is the frozen server also a DC?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X