No announcement yet.

DFS Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS Issue

Hello All Techs,

I am having issue with DFSR. here is an information about my Environment.
    • DC01 - AD, DNS - Domain Function level is 2008

• DFS01 - Windows Storage Server 2008 - Existing DFS Members

• DFS02 - Windows Storage Server 2008 - Existing DFS Members

• DFS03 - Windows Server 2012 Standard - New DFS Member

Here is what i what to do:

I want to deploy DFS on our New DFS03 server and it should replication with DFS01 only. Later when the replication between DFS01 and DFS03 will be verified and find successful. I would remove the DFS02 from DFS as don't need it.

Here is what i have done so far:

Installed the DFS Role on DFS03 server.

Setup the DFS initial configuration.
    Open the DFS Management Snap-In
    Checked and found that i can see all the Namespaces and Replication Groups listed when i try adding it to display.

Now, i have added one Replication Group to display on DFS03. and added the DFS03 server as a new member. What happened now is that in DFS01 server that DFS group is showing an exclamation mark. And when i click on it, it says:

"The replication group cannot be queried. The replication group's version number is not supported this MMC snap-in"

So, what is did is created new folder on the DFSRoot of DFS01 server and added a new NameSpace and Replication Group and Added DFS03 as the secondary member to replicate. It works.

Again, when i choose another Replication Group Folder on DFS01 server and add DFS03 server as member. But didn't work. However, what happened here is now is very strange:
    I can see that Replication Group on DFS02 and DFS03 but NOT on DFS01 anymore.

Please help..

Interesting... What does the relevant event log say on these servers?

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services