DHCP IP problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP IP problem.

I've installed a server with Windows 2012 R2 and set up the DHCP with a scope of 192.168.1.20 - 192.168.1.39. However, when I run a command prompt and do ipconfig, the connected PC's IP is not part of the scope yet is still connected to the Network. I've turned off all Firewalls and the PC itself is set to DHCP via Ethernet connection. When I display the scope's statistic's it also says that 0/20 of the IP's are being used. I've tried a couple of PC's through this Network and none of them use the scope provided IP's.

Is there another DHCP server on the network (most home routers act as one, for example)?
    Do the clients have static IPs?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What IP does the machine have? If it is an APIPA one then you are not getting it from the DHCP Server. Do an ipconfig /all to make sure you have the correct IPs from DHCP. An ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /all to see if the new IP has been applied.

Check that the NICs don't have Static IPs assigned to them.

Can you ping the Server by IP?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Is there another DHCP server on the network (most home routers act as one, for example)?
        Do the clients have static IPs?

Got it, thanks! I checked it up and it turned out that the server that I was trying to make a DHCP server was also reliant on a DHCP server so it was basically like a dog chasing it's own tail. Got it sorted now as I've changed the server's IP address and now it's IP is no longer part of the DHCP's addresses. Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your findings.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X