X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network discovery not working across VLANs

Hello,

I have the following configuration :
    - VLAN10 : Public VLAN (public printer, public server with public shares...)
    - VLAN 20 : Department X
    - VLAN 30 : Department Y

Each VLAN can discover (via NetBIOS) all servers, PC and printers in its own VLAN.

Visibility from different VLAN must be :
    - VLAN 10 can see VLAN 10
    - VLAN 20 can see VLAN 20 and (should be able to see) VLAN 10
    - VLAN 30 can see VLAN 30 and (should be able to see) VLAN 10

Topology is the following :
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -> [VLAN 10] -> [Public Devices]
    [Internet] -> [Router/Firewall] -> [Switch L3] -> [VLAN 20] -> [Private Devices]
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -> [VLAN 30] -> [Private Devices]

All discovery services (Browser, uPnP, SSDP...) are started, and a WINS server is configured on the DHCP server.

The devices connected to all VLAN are displayed in the WINS, and from VLAN 20 (or 30), I can ping devices in VLAN 10 using their NetBIOS name (the name resolution is correctly done).

But, all these devices in VLAN 10 are not automaticaly discovered when browsing the network...

How can I configure this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

NetBIOS browsing can't traverse the broadcast domain
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Setup a WINS server in each location and replicate your WINS database.

Comment

Just for the discovery part you could try and start the computer browser service on the domain controllers and see if it helps.
        Here is a guy with a similar issue, makes for a good read.
        https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverDS
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
        X