Windows server backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server backup

I have multiple windows Server (Physical) deployed under different roles. Now I want to backup these servers by using only one server which is installed with windows backup feature. How can i do this ? or do i hve to install windows backup feature on individual servers to backup the data. Its 2012 environment. I am taking backup on external drives.please help.Thank you

You can't.
    Windows server backup is a very basic program, runs on the local machine only. You can back up to a central share (although only one backup is then kept per server) but not manage the backups from one point. You will need a different product - M$ would love to sell you System Centre Data Protection Manager, but there are many others available
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Shadowprotect, NetBackup, BackupExec. THe only way you could do it with WSB would be to install the wsb role on each server and set the destinaton as your master server
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X