Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Connectivity Help Needed On VM Server 2012 R2

Good day,

I need some help with setting up my internet connection on my Virtual Machine which runs Server 2012 R2.

My current situation is as follow:

Current Main Server Running Server 2008 R2 and running a VM server 2012 R2 on Server 2008 R2.

I've setup the VM Server but cannot get any internet connectivity on it, I have the following information if this could help the situation.

See attachments - (please excuse me if i didn't provide all the information that might be needed but please request them as we go along).

Thank you.

Regards
    Shamiel

I assume (ass-u-me) you are running HyperV on the host server?
    Have you set up an EXTERNAL network there? If not, do so. If done, is the VM attached to it (check VM properties)
    How are IP addresses issued on your network (post an IPCONFIG/ALL from the host)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

if you would like to teamview in i will gladly pm you my teamviewer details?

Regards
      Shamiel

Comment

Originally posted by Shamiel_1 View Post
        Hi Ossian,

Regards
        Shamiel
        I do not think you could afford the hourly rate for the support call. You could however watch some YouTube videos about Hyper-V installation and configuration.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What hypervisor are you using?

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Regards
            Shamiel
            I think, for ad hoc support in an unknown environment, language etc, GBP 250 per hour (minimum 4 hours) should be sufficient- payment (non-refundable) in advance obviously.

Alternatively, how about answers to the questions I asked and I will try to give you some pointers for free
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Regards
              Shamiel

Shamiel - it would be best if you first answer the questions you've been asked. Then we can move on from there.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Start > HyperV Manager > edit virtual guest settings ;
                Select Network Adaptor, check network type (mine says "Guest network" but I also have "Not Connected" and "Internal Only")
                Close virtual guest settings
                Select "Virtual Network Manager"
                Choose the Network your guest is connected to (you identified it above)
                It should have under connection type "What do you want to connect this network to?"
                I'll let you decide the most appropriate settings for your environment from here.

Suffice to say, mine says "External ; $NICNAME$ ; Do not allow management to share ; No VLAN identification"

Then, ensure you have a DHCP server on the relevant network connection. If you don't, where do you expect to get an IP from?

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X