DNS PROBLEM IN SERVER 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS PROBLEM IN SERVER 2012

hi, i have a server 2012 installed on my server machine and today i am facing a really weird issue which i havent seen before. by mistake i have connected a machine with the same name as server on the network and after couple of mints my clients stopped accepting and sending anything to the server with its name, i can ping my server machine with the ip but not with the name. i have checked the DNS settings and i have a cross sign in the dns window on my server name, i have tried to reconnect my server with dns but after connecting its showing the same cross sign on the server name. my clients are not able to resolve the ip to name or name to ip, i have tried to uninstall it but still i have the same issue .. can you please guide me in this regard. thanks

please if anyone know about this issue and know how can i resolve this .. please do reply me back . thanks.

Comment

Disconnect the machine with the same name and reboot the other server.

Comment

Shoddy, shoddy service.

Imagine coming to an open forum where IT professionals come and assist with issues for zero money and getting no response in 17 mins.

Cashif2016 this forum is a source of information that is provided freely by the users that come to the site. If you urgent is critical and requires an immediate response then maybe you should have called Microsoft and gotten your credit card at the ready to purchase immediate support.

To answer your query do as joeqwerty advises and it should resolve your issue however you may need to delete any existing DNS records for the system so it can re-register.

Comment

Hi, the issue persist due to the services conflict in your network. Just disconnected the machine from your network, remove all the entries from your DNS related to the same machine. Restart your server. Hopefully issue will be resolve. Do let me know if have any issue further.

Comment

Originally posted by cashif2016 View Post
            hi, i have a server 2012 installed on my server machine and today i am facing a really weird issue which i havent seen before. by mistake i have connected a machine with the same name as server on the network and after couple of mints my clients stopped accepting and sending anything to the server with its name, i can ping my server machine with the ip but not with the name. i have checked the DNS settings and i have a cross sign in the dns window on my server name, i have tried to reconnect my server with dns but after connecting its showing the same cross sign on the server name. my clients are not able to resolve the ip to name or name to ip, i have tried to uninstall it but still i have the same issue .. can you please guide me in this regard. thanks

If the computer names are indeed identical, rename one of them.

Delete the A RECORD and PTR RECORD from DNS.

Reboot both computers, check to see if the original server and the new server both have the correct DNS A and PTR RECORDS.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X