Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to login locally to 2012R2 DC after removing Exchange from SBS 2003 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to login locally to 2012R2 DC after removing Exchange from SBS 2003 server

I receive the following error when logging on locally to a newly introduced Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

The sign-in method you are using isn't allowed. For more info, contact your network administrator. Everything in the migration was going well. I ran adprep on the SBS2003. Joined the server to the domain. Installed AD services and promoted the 2012R2 box as a DC. Everything was still going well. I began to decommission the SBS2003 box by removing Exchange. Now I'm unable to login locally to the 2012R2 box as the domain administrator. I can still login locally as the administrator of the SBS box. Any help is appreciated...

Originally posted by jebrown22 View Post
    Installed AD services and promoted the 2012R2 box as a DC. ... Now I'm unable to login locally to the 2012R2 box as the domain administrator. I can still login locally as the administrator of the SBS box.
    If the 2012 server is a Domain Controller then you must logon using an Active Directory account. In your mind, what is the difference between the "domain administrator" and the "administrator of the SBS box"?

If the "domain administrator" is the account you configured when setting up the 2012 server then that account is gone once you promoted it to a domain controller. If the "administrator of the SBS box" is domain\administrator then that is the account you want to use. It will not go away (along with every other account in AD) when you remove the 2003 server.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
    X