Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting V3700 Volume to DELL 2950...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting V3700 Volume to DELL 2950...???

I have IBM flex x240 server which is working fine with IBM v3700 storage .However , I also have DELL 2950 server and would like to connect /map the IBM V3700 Storage volumes to DELL 2950. Please walk me through to get this done .

How is the storage attached to the IBM server, and do you have the same on the Dell server?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickIT View Post
      I have IBM flex x240 server which is working fine with IBM v3700 storage .However , I also have DELL 2950 server and would like to connect /map the IBM V3700 Storage volumes to DELL 2950. Please walk me through to get this done .
      Dell seerver is fully isolated from the network as of now . Is not being used.Hence I would like to utilize this machine

Comment

At the very least you can connect it via iSCSI. But if you have a SAS or FC (if the V3700 has an FC card) HBA in the 2950 then you can use either of those. Is this for production or lab/test/dev?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
          At the very least you can connect it via iSCSI. But if you have a SAS or FC (if the V3700 has an FC card) HBA in the 2950 then you can use either of those. Is this for production or lab/test/dev?

V3700 has FC but njot sure abt dell server 2950. I just want to know whether I can connect v3700 volumes to Dell server by either way(iSCSI/FC) or wil it have any impact on IBM servers or v3700 SAN if i connect Dell to this v3700. It is a production environment.Thank you

Comment

The 2950 is very very old.

You will need either a FC or iSCSI hba installed in the 2950 for it to connect to your storage system.

It shouldn't affect the IBM systems but its not a combination I have tested.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              The 2950 is very very old.

You will need either a FC or iSCSI hba installed in the 2950 for it to connect to your storage system.

It shouldn't affect the IBM systems but its not a combination I have tested.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X