Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual machine to 2012 R2

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and need some information about 2012 R2 server installation for which I hope get help. I have got ESXi 5 installed in my physical server with 2 virtual machines (One is 2003 R2 and second is 200 which I migrated from old hardware server to new one. Now I bought 2012 R2 Datacenter edition. I want to install it on my new hardware with all the data transferred from 2003 server which also include Exchange 2003 server. Is it anyway possible to do so with migration or any other way.

Please reply with details if possible.

Thanks

Its not clear what you want. Do you:
    a) want to add a 2012R2 VM to the current host and migrate data / exchange or
    b) Set up a new host with HyperV and migrate VMs to it.

If (a), I don't think Exchange 2003 is supported on Server 2012 so you will need a more recent version
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As Ossian asked, please provide some details on what exactly you want to achieve so we can help you.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Are you talking about running 2012 R2 DataCentre on the host that's runing ESXi5 (thus replacing the hypervisor?) in which case, you would need a second physical host, so you can do a V2V from esxi to HyperV.
        Exchange 2003 should absolutely, definitely, positively be migrated to Exchange 2010. I'd say go to Ex2013, but there's no direct path. Also consider whether you definitely need onsite Exchnge, what size is your environment?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X