Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get alerts when a user log in to a server

Hi All ,

i have a server running WS 2012 R2 , admin password of this server is shared between me and another one who is not supposed to use it frequently . i need to get an alert when he log in to this user by his admin password .

i don't like checking the Event viewer every day , so do we have a way for getting this automatic alert ?

Thanks

Watzmann

You can attach tasks to an event - only difficulty would be distinguishing between you logging in and the other admin
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Great , Thanks

Comment

Another option is to edit the logon script so it sends an e-mail with something like bmail.
        http://retired.beyondlogic.org/solut...mdlinemail.htm
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          You can attach tasks to an event - only difficulty would be distinguishing between you logging in and the other admin
          If he logs in and gets the email he'll know it's himself. If he's not logged in and gets the email he'll know it's the other admin. Seems like a perfectly acceptable and simple solution to me.

Comment

Working...
          X