Cluster Node is Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluster Node is Down

I have a cluster of 4 Physical Hyper V servers via SAN Storage. One of the Hyper V is gone down in cluster , also chkd in GUI of Server managemnet, the server is running but OS not getting loaded while remote in .Please help.d steps to get back the Hyper v on & rebulding the hyper v without loosing any data

If this is a cluster node then the other members in the cluster should be taking over the roles and you should still be running.

You should be able to work on the failed node to figure out what's going on and, worst case scenario, rebuild the node and rejoin it to the cluster. No data should be lost because there should be no data stored on the cluster nodes.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      If this is a cluster node then the other members in the cluster should be taking over the roles and you should still be running.

You should be able to work on the failed node to figure out what's going on and, worst case scenario, rebuild the node and rejoin it to the cluster. No data should be lost because there should be no data stored on the cluster nodes.
      ThnQ Jeremy.. Does it mean tht I can go ahead and rebuild tht node and rejoin to existing cluster as new machine fully and still i wont be any sort of loss in roles or data /.... As u said all other machines under cluster wrkng perfectly coz its moved to other working nodes.Than q once again

Comment

I can't say for sure since I don't know if anything was setup improperly but most likely if everything is still running then you should be good.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X