Issue with connecting PC to the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with connecting PC to the server

I didn't see a Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials, so I'm posting this here. The issue that I have is that none of the computers are getting backed up to the Storage Server. So, what happens is that I browse on the PC to the server using http://server/connect. I download the connector, type in the server password and the next screen gives me an error.
    "The server is not available. Try connecting this computer again or for more information, see Troubleshoot connecting computers to the server."
    I then browse to the ClientDeploy log file that gets generated.
    This points me to this issue
    "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'servername:65500"
    So then I go to IIS. Check the binding for the self signed certificate and restart IIS. I even removed the certificate and recreated it.
    I am still not able to setup any PC to the server using http://server/connect.

Any suggestions?

Re: Issue with connecting PC to the server

Check the clock is the same (or within 5 minutes) on the server and client.

If it is, re-run the connect wizard on the Storage Server for that client

(I am not up on Storage Server Essentials but AFAIK the client connect works the same way as AD)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by theel1997 View Post
      "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'servername:65500"
      So then I go to IIS. Check the binding for the self signed certificate and restart IIS. I even removed the certificate and recreated it.
      I'm not familiar with SSE either but perhaps the client needs to trust the self signed cert. That means you need to install the cert in the client's trusted root authorities.

EDIT: I found this link but it might be what you already tried https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...?forum=whs2011
      Last edited by JeremyW; 18th April 2015, 11:52.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I did check the clock on the PC is the same as the server. I already went through that link, but it just guides me to binding the SSL cert and restarting IIS, which I already did. I will try to install the cert in the clients trusted root authority.

Comment

Working...
        X