Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Active Directory GP is not taking effect

Hello to everyone.

I have set-up a Windows 2008 Active Directory and configure a GP already. I tried to login on 2 different workstation with the same username but software restriction policy is not taking effect on 1 workstation. I set-up the software restriction policy to disallowed as default. Below is what I configure on the PC:
    Workstation 1
    -Desktop PC
    -DHCP client
    -wireless network
    -Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

Workstation 2
    - Laptop
    - DHCP Client
    - Wireless network
    - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bitActive Directory Server
    - Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2

Hoping you can help me to figure out where is the problem or what I have done wrong.

Let me know if you new more information.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows Active Directory GP is not taking effect

First places to check are run gpresult /r from the command line on each workstation and see what policies are applying. Do this as a standard user and not as an administrator. Then run Group Policy modelling from GPMC.msc on the AD server and use the workstation and user names and ensure that the policies you expect to apply are applied.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Cruachan,

Thank you for the response.

I run the gpresult command and it has correct group policy using. In your second instruction. Can you elaborate further. Because Upon checking the group policy model is set correctly. I just don't get it why the same username but different workstation behave differently.

Comment

Originally posted by heirkeyso View Post
        Cruachan,

Thank you for the response.

I run the gpresult command and it has correct group policy using. In your second instruction. Can you elaborate further. Because Upon checking the group policy model is set correctly. I just don't get it why the same username but different workstation behave differently.
        Here's the syntax:
        gpresult /s computername /u domain\username /h username.html

This will create an html file you can open in a browser and view what is and what is not being applied. If there are any errors it will include an error code.

Open a command prompt and type:

gpresult /?

to display how to use the command if you'd like to learn more.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X