Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Print Policy Hangs

Server 2008r2, part of a domain.

When logging in to the terminal server(stated above), it hangs on Applying Group Policy Print Policy, for at least 30 seconds, before logging in. Just started out of nowhere.

I did have deployed printers on the terminal server, but have removed them some time ago, along with the GP policy on the DC.

any ideas,

Thanks

Re: Group Policy Print Policy Hangs

I see variable log on times for our servers. Sometimes they appear to hang between the Windows logo screen and the applying policies screens, sometimes they will sit for a minute or more on one of the applying xxx policy screens. And, they can appear to stall for a minute or more on Preparing Desktop after logging in.

The times are never consistent - often the boot-to-log-in screen is quite fast, with no substantial pauses.

Apart from that, do you see any system log entries about services timing out, or xxx not responding in a timely manner? Are all your services starting as they should.

Also, have you tried troubleshooting your GPO's to make sure they are being applied?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

thanks for your response.

with this server, all is consistent. always the printer policy on startup.

is there a way that you could explain how you do the following things you mentioned? or would you have links to explain how you do those.

Comment

Winkey+R and type eventvwr then press Enter. Check the Administrative Events first or scan the System Event Log for errors.

Then you can check the status of any services:

Winkey+R and type services.msc

Regarding troubleshooting GPO's there's tons of help out there you can easily access via just as you could have for the info above.

Comment

thanks for your answer!!!

Comment

Blood,

I want to thank you for your help!!!! I did what you said with the "Winkey+R and type eventvwr then press Enter. Check the Administrative Events first or scan the System Event Log for errors."

I was able to find a gp policy that I forgot that I set a while back. I was able to log in like lightning. A lot of people have been hammering me about this.

Again, i just wanted to tell you thanks for reading my question and answering......and solving

Comment

Great! I'm pleased you managed to resolve your issue.

Comment

Working...
              X