MDT 2013: Invalid Credentials.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDT 2013: Invalid Credentials.....

For a few months I tested with success MDT2013 installed on physical WIN 7 machine, fully deploying and capturing images etc....

Last week I installed, configured MDT2013 on SRVR 2008 R2, and now I am running into an error connecting to deployment share. Below is my bootstrap.ini (NOTE: I have used shortened version of domain name as well as FQDN, always updating share afterwards)

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    [Default]
    DeployRoot=\\servername.FQDN\DeploymentShare$
    UserID=xxxxx
    UserDomain=FQDN
    UserPassword=xxxxx

My first test, was to deploy WIN7, load driver package and VLC application, on fairly new piece of hardware, so I created a task to do this, built a USB boot disk

1) After booting pc from USB key my first interaction is to input credentials to join myself to the DeploymentShare (USERNAME, Password and Domain). This is where I keep getting error

ERROR: invalid credentials: the network path was not found

2) Pressing F8 here is what I find.
    a- I do get an IP address
    b- can ping MDT server but only by IP
    c- I am able to map a network drive both by IP and NetBIOS name, BUT only if I use credentials of domain\username and then password. When I only put in username and password then my mapped drive fails ????

Getting back to above 1), I have no choice but to enter username, password and domain on all 3 different lines as opposed to combining domain\username on one line and then password on another as this seems to work from F8 cmd prompt.

Looking forward to some serious input. Please help, and thank you

jaX

Re: MDT 2013: Invalid Credentials.....

Remembering I have 2 MDT machines, WIN7 (test), SRVR2008R2 (live). Test works great, Live I am stuck at user credentials connecting to Deployment Share

The new piece of hardware I was booting up to was a Latitude e6430.

1) On a hunch I used my TEST boot USB key on same hardware with same results
    2) With Live USB boot key on a different piece of hardware it worked

If it is the boot driver for NIC how can I grab IP through DHCP. Having trouble thinking this one through.

Thoughts

Comment

Have you loaded all the relevant WinPE drivers to your Deployment server?

Dell has all these available for download

Comment

I think I have. I downloaded the Dell Driver Pack for this model of laptop and unpacked it in the Out-of-Box Drivers\Late6430.

Is this what you mean?

NibletOS

Comment

Have you updated your deployment share after doing this??

Comment

Yes I have.

I am importing drives for different piece of hardware, update deployment share, create new USB boot disk and will give it a go.

This is where I downloaded the driver pack for my Latitude e6430
            Because of the 5 post limitation on posting links i am unable to post link of where I downloaded the driver pack.

en.
            community.
            dell.
            com/
            techcenter/
            enterprise-client/
            w/
            wiki/

Thank you

Comment

The driver pack doesn't contain the correct WinPE drivers. For that you need the WinPE 5.0 pack.

Comment

Working...
              X