Certificate question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate question

Hi, I am looking after a 2008 server at a school. I am getting errors regarding certificate expiration, so I looked and found in Local Computer/Personal/Certificates that the Client Authentication certificate has expired. This server is the GC and AD - only one in the domain. Should I install Certification Services in Roles to fix this? I can't auto enrol and there is no higher authority. This DC has no direct connection to the world. The only thing that concerns me about installing the Cert role is the warning about not being able to change the name of the server (won't ever want to) but "domain settings" concerned me because were are about to change IP range. Don't want to do anything hasty but how will this affect logins if I do not renew? Thanks for your time - it's much appreciated.

Re: Certificate question

AFAIK the only changes that will break things are the server name and domain name (both NetBIOS name and fqdn) - the IP range is immaterial

(Double check this elsewhere as I am doing it from memory)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X