No announcement yet.

LanManWorkstation Service unable to start

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LanManWorkstation Service unable to start

Hi Everybody,

I am new in this forum and having medium knowledge of hardware HP/Dell servers, in our environment Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012 running as well VMware 5.1. However I am facing a problem while attempting to start "LanManWorkstation Service" in windows 2008 R2 SP1 but unfortunately unable to start and noted following error (The Workstation service depends on the SMB 2.0 MiniRedirector service which failed to start because of the following error). I followed some forums and export lanmanworkstation registry key from healthy server and import in effected one but problem remains as well netlogon service also down which lead servers out of domain reachable. I will be thankful for provide solution if anybody having in the forum.
    Attached Files

Re: LanManWorkstation Service unable to start

The workstation service not starting is just a symptom of the problem. You need to trace it back to the root.

netlogon is another crucial service and I guess that it has the same root issue as the workstation service.

Start in the event log and review the errors. Track down the "SMB 2.0 MiniRedirector" issue and see where it leads.

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

Re: LanManWorkstation Service unable to start

Have you tried sfc /scannow??