No announcement yet.

Corrupt hard disk etc

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt hard disk etc

I am trying to free up some disk space and unfortunately I have encountered a problem with my old hard disk that caused me to detach the device from the USB port and it seems that I have corrupted the software that was copied on the hard disk, is there a tool for recovering it, please?

The problem was that windows was taking way too long to copy so the hard disk was starting to feel as if it was "getting old" and needed a format anyway. The problem does not appear to be due to the hardware or USB ports they work with other devices at least i.e. a mouse, although a mouse might not require the same level of data transfer that a hard disk does. This worries me as I am shopping around for a 4 TB hard disk that supports USB 3, I might have to purchase new hardware altogether.

Now I have also noticed that I cannot delete folders from my computers although I am logged on as an administrator a problem that seems to persist even on Windows 8 at times, as I try to prepare a development environment i.e. install IDEs such as Android Studio and others.

I am using Windows Server 2008.

Re: Corrupt hard disk etc

What type of folders are you trying to delete? Some folders are protected from deletion.

Regarding your device - what steps have you taken to fix it? Have you tried searching online for the software used to manage the device? What type of device is it? Does it really need software to manage it?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy