Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error of Trust relationship domain user system

dear Members,

i am facing a problem of trust relationship. one of my domain user is not able to logging with their account showing error user and server trust relationship failed.
    when i tried to logging throuth administrators password same error i am getting.

now i forgot the local admin password also for that system.

how should i solve this issue, kindly help me.

Thanks

Re: Error of Trust relationship domain user system

What OS is the client using?
    (regardless, go to the Forgot Password forum and look at the free tools mentioned there -avoid anything with a fee as it is not necessary)

You could also try rebooting in safe mode (without networking) and using the current domain admin account to log on - it may have cached credentials - and then resetting the local admin password there. If you do, check the system clock as well as a clock skew of > 5 mins relative to the DC will cause the failure
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Windows 7 client

Comment

Refer to previous advice then
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can also remove the client from the domain and join it back to the domain using a local account with administrative rights - you do not need to use the local Administrator account. You can also use a local account with administrative rights to reset the password of the local administrator account.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

the cause of this problem a duplicated pc name on the Active directory
            so as our colleagues said the way to login ,after this disjoint this pc from your domain and change its name and re-join it .

Comment

Originally posted by chourasia.rahul84 View Post
              dear Members,

i am facing a problem of trust relationship. one of my domain user is not able to logging with their account showing error user and server trust relationship failed.
              when i tried to logging throuth administrators password same error i am getting.
              As the error message says, the trust relationship between the client and the Domain Controllers have failed.

This can happen whenever a client PC has been disconnected for an extended period of time (I believe around 90 days should do it), because then the computer account password expires. It can also happen seemingly at random, especially with Windows 7, for reasons that are not entirely clear.

Try disconnecting the computer from the network, and then try logging on. Yes, that does sound like a strange piece of advice, but when the computer is unable to reach a Domain Controller, it will usually allow users to log on with cached credentials. Note that you must use an account that's been used previously on that particular PC for cached credentials to exist.

If you can successfully log on with an account with local administrator privileges, you can then connect it to the network and re-join the domain. The easiest way to do that, is to go to the "Computer Name" tab under "Advanced system settings", click the "Change" button and enter the NetBIOS domain name in the domain name field. The computer won't realize it's the same domain, and will happily re-join it without going through the usual "leave domain, enter workgroup, re-enter domain" nonsense.

Comment

There is also a post in here somewhere, by me, that gives you a command line to fix the broken trust (but you need the workstation password, GO Peter Nordhal) and screen shots (I hope) of how to possibly prevent future broken trusts. I don't have time to search for the post right now but it was about a year ago and Ossian posted in the same thread.

Will see if I can find it in the morning/afternoon my time.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

This one?
                  http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...t+relationship
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Nope but very close and it does have the password reset syntax. I am beginning to wonder, now that I have finally slept this week, if I did include the pretty pictures. Will see if I can find them on my highly (dis) organised HDD and post them.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X