X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict application owner to Uninstall application

Hello Experts,

here is my one of strange request .

I have a scenario , where admin/installation_owner has installed say an application/software ABC , where admin/installation_owner is ADMINISTRATOR of system/server.

Now after installation of the software ; can we restrict this admin/installation_owner to uninstall the application ABC

Any pointers for this request ??

Thanks
    Mike

Re: Restrict application owner to Uninstall application

Is this a standalone machine or on network/Domain?
    Is the Admin an Administrator or just using an Administrator account?
    Is it a Workstation or a Server?

You really need to include more information when posting a question. We do not have crystal balls.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hey there,

Yes my mistake !!!

In fact its a standalone machine : windows server 2008 r2.
      admin/intallation_owner is an Administration account as he is administration group

although , I am newbie to windows server administration . I would go for suggestion
      if , its better to go for Domain machine ??

i can get more benefits ???

Comment

Originally posted by mikeed
        if , its better to go for Domain machine ??

i can get more benefits ???
        Again, we need a lot more information about your computer numbers and what you want to do or what you do with them. I prefer to work in an Active Directory environment because I am a lazy bugger. Why go to each workstation to make changes and modify User permissions and access when it can be all done from a Domain Controller.

Why do you want to stop and Administrator from uninstalling an application that they installed? Do you not trust them? If so, then they should NOT have Administrator rights to the Server or even physical access to it. If I or any of my distinguished colleagues here have physical access to a Server even if we do not know the password....WE OWN IT!

Search YouTube for Active Directory and Domain Controllers, get some popcorn and increase your newbie knowledge.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X