No announcement yet.

Table in the migrated website is not displaying properly : Windows Server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table in the migrated website is not displaying properly : Windows Server 2008

I just migrated a website from shared server to Windows server 2008. The table displaying contents in a website is not showing properly in the Windows server 2008(asp.net 4, IIS 6), but good in the shared server.

From the Windows Server 2008::

i.imgur.com/LvcPHGB.png

From shared server::

i.imgur.com/vMCNHvD.png

I hope somebody can give me a clue. This may not be an issue with code as it is working properly in the shared server.

Re: Table in the migrated website is not displaying properly : Windows Server 2008

Presumably you have checked the original pages are the same?

Unlikely to be a web server issue, although since it is ASP you will want to check the rendered HTML source too. Has any other component of the page not been migrated (back end data, include files...)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Table in the migrated website is not displaying properly : Windows Server 2008

Thank you for your reply Ossian.

Fortunately it is now resolved. It was an issue with css id, but not sure how this mismatch happened.

This was found by checking from the browser, "Inspect Element"

I am not well aware about codes and css, but "Inspect Element" helped me out

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X