Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2P Migration

Hi,

We are having 2 server of HP and windows server 2008 is installed on it with Oracle and SQL Server install on it.

Now i want to do a physical to physical migration on those. Can any one suggest some best solution provider for this...

Do Veeam backup can help in this...

Thanks..

Re: P2P Migration

If they are the same architecture (especially the HAL) you can do a standard backup and restore

If different, look into "bare metal recovery" solutions, starting here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249694#method2

Alternatively look into a fresh install of the OS, install the database engine and restore the databases - this will remove any legacy c**p from the systems
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

One of the server is HP ProLiant BL460c G7

and new server is

HP-Proliant BL460G8 Servers

So will this be possible using a bare metal recovery

Thanks,

Comment

There is a very helpful, but little known, website called which allows you to research questions like this and find the answers yourself.

If you wish me to do it for you, please advise where I should send the consultancy contract first. My rates are quite reasonable.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

G7 and G8 are different generation servers.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X