Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD User profile backup

Dear All,

My windows Server 2008 r2 is not booting up. Getting blue screen error 0x0000007B.
    My Hard Drives (its SATA hard drive) are working fine and my all files are safe.

I backed up all contents in my hard drives. So I can now re-install the windows server 2008 r2. But AD users are mapped to their directories. I do not know what user policies are there.

If I reinstall OS can I restore this user profiles from backup?

Please suggest what should I do?

Thanks.

Re: AD User profile backup

What have you tried to fix this?

This was the first result in a web search for your BSOD error: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...0x0000007b.htm
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

We tried almost all but no success. Then we formatted the disks and reinstalled OS. Just i need to retrieve AD users profiles.

What do i do now?

Comment

Is this a brand new domain, or did you have another DC in the old domain you joined the rebuilt server to?

If a new domain, users will have different SIDs so you can only copy the contents of profile folders to new profiles

If existing domain, you can try logging the user on and off (to create a profile) and then copying the whole of the old profile over the new one - it has worked for me on occasion, but not guarenteed
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X