Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prevent file copy

Hi ,

We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 , and installed remote desktop server role on this server. Now users are able to login using a rdp from their physical system.

Now they are able to directly copy the files from server desktop to their local desktop system using a drag and drop...I just want to restrict it..

How can i complete that...

Thanks..

Re: prevent file copy

"Do not allow drive redirection"
    under Terminal Services Group Policy branch.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply...

Actually , I just check in all settings menu in gpo but able to find only option called " Do not allow clipboard redirection "

Can you please tell me , exactly where i can found the option mentioned in last post...

Thanks...

Comment

omg just google it. I've basically done your entire job for you, apart from setting the string.

If you can't figure it out from what I've told you, then reconsider your employment choices.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

i wonder how many single-serving admins we make possible...

Device and Resource Redirection

i bet if people paid per thread with percentages of their salary, they would learn how to use google and all the KB resources much better.
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
            i wonder how many single-serving admins we make possible...

Device and Resource Redirection

i bet if people paid per thread with percentages of their salary, they would learn how to use google and all the KB resources much better.
            Too many! JUst check the rep count vs post count
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

well, then ill make a standing offer to kathy...

Kathy:

if you will set up a VPN account for me that has RDP available and you promise to show up to work and be on site, i will do your job for you for 25% of your pay. you will need to change cables and handle physical connections for me (youll be my cable gopher) and i will make sure your network is in A+ condition.

i will even let you take the credit and you dont have to tell anyone about our arrangement... you just be there and make sure i have connectivity and you will have a golden network thats always up and is only limited by the quality of your ISP.

we can work out a 30 day payout plan so you can prepare for all the free time youll have since you wont have to google anything ever and i will fix all your stuff same day.

ill even let you watch my RDP/VNC sessions while i fix stuff.

what do you think?
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
                well, then ill make a standing offer to kathy...

Kathy:

if you will set up a VPN account for me that has RDP available and you promise to show up to work and be on site, i will do your job for you for 25% of your pay. you will need to change cables and handle physical connections for me (youll be my cable gopher) and i will make sure your network is in A+ condition.

i will even let you take the credit and you dont have to tell anyone about our arrangement... you just be there and make sure i have connectivity and you will have a golden network thats always up and is only limited by the quality of your ISP.

we can work out a 30 day payout plan so you can prepare for all the free time youll have since you wont have to google anything ever and i will fix all your stuff same day.

ill even let you watch my RDP/VNC sessions while i fix stuff.

what do you think?
                This post is . Not cool man.

Unless further posts relate to the OPs question, DO NOT COMMENT!!!
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X