IIS 7.0 To IIS 7.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS 7.0 To IIS 7.5

I have 7.0 on my server. 2008R2. How do i get IIS 7.5 on there?. I would think it would be by updates.

Also, if i have iis7 installed, would i need to uninstall it and reinstall iis 7.5, or just install it. It's a brand new box, I've only installed the iis 7.0 nothing else.

thanks

Re: IIS 7.0 To IIS 7.5

The IIS version is tied to the server OS and, AFAIK, cannot be installed separately

IIRC: 7.0 = Server 2008
    7.5 = Server 2008R2
    8.0 = Server 2012

I'm worried how you have 7.0 on 2008R2 - was this an OS upgrade?
    If so you could try (but not sure about side effects) removing the IIS role completely and reinstalling it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

this is a clean install of R2. I've been trying to set up wordpress on iis, and i've had to delete the server and redo several times. I can't get it to install, the only way i know to to troubleshoot it to start from scratch. Each time i redo the machine, type in localhost I get IIS 7. Screen shot below.

I have learned everything from scratch. From servers, to Cisco, VM's, etc. This is BY FAR!!!! the hardest thing i have ever tried to do. I have watched multiple video's, read multiple articles, they all show diffrent ways of installing wordpress. All of them fail.

I'm not the brighestest cat in the world but i am persistant. I have been trying for 2 months to get this installed. I suceeded once, (Took 8 hours straight laying in bed sick one day),created a web page, but wanted to take it a step further and screwed it up. So i dumped the server, and here i am 2 months later, still trying to get it to work. After i install, wordpress keeps coming up as an index file.

Sorry, maybe this isn't the right place for this, venting a little bit. LOL

Here is the screenshot Server 2008R2 IIS7. I'm assuming i would see 7.5. If not, not sure how to find what version it is.

Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Kobe 310; 1st August 2014, 14:13.

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224609

All versions are on an OS basis and AFAIK cannot be upgraded without upgrading the OS.

There is also a registry key that will tell you the version

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp\Vers ionString

Yours should be 7.5.

How to setup wordpress

http://www.iis.net/learn/application...rdpress-on-iis

Comment

Thanks Wullieb1,

It is 7.5!

I'll try that wordpress version. Looks familiar, lol.

Comment

See, this is some of the shit i'm talking about. It tells you to install IIS,PHP, MYSQL, and Wordpress then it says.

Prerequisites

From the base default configuration file provided by PHP, modify the following lines in your Php.ini configuration:
            • Define extension_dir as c:\php\ext (for example, the location of your php extensions directory).
            • Uncomment extension=php_mysql.dll in the extensions list to enable MySQL support.
            Below this it tells you to navigate to "navigate to the installation directory (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wordpress"

Well why in the hell doesn't it tell you where to navigate to the PHP LOCATION (Base Default Configuration". "Define extension_dir as c:\php\ext " Where the hell is extension_dir".....What the hell is extension_dir????

I hope its not the php.ini file, like i thik that it says [From the base default configuration file provided by PHP, modify the following lines in your Php.ini configuration] this soundlike a contradictiong location.] But if it is, ther is nothing in there that looks anything like they have explained. WTF!!!

And then "Uncomment " for the nex thing, what the hell is "uncomment"

They write these things as if the people that are reading them already know how to do it. WTF is the point?
            Last edited by Kobe 310; 3rd August 2014, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe 310 View Post

Prerequisites

From the base default configuration file provided by PHP, modify the following lines in your Php.ini configuration:
              • Define extension_dir as c:\php\ext (for example, the location of your php extensions directory).
              • Uncomment extension=php_mysql.dll in the extensions list to enable MySQL support.
              Below this it tells you to navigate to "navigate to the installation directory (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wordpress"

And then "Uncomment " for the nex thing, what the hell is "uncomment"

They write these things as if the people that are reading them already know how to do it. WTF is the point?
              As per the instructions (highlighted and underlined)

extension_dir is a line in the PHP.ini file that you should have had opened.

extension_dir string
              In what directory PHP should look for dynamically loadable extensions. See also: enable_dl, and dl().
              http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.extension-dir

Uncomment means remove the relevant comments from that line of code in the PHP.ini file.

http://php.net/manual/en/language.ba...x.comments.php

Comment

Thanks wullieb1!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons I am having so much trouble, is i learn how to do things, but i don't understand the language behind them. That's a major problem for me. I thank you guys for your patience in helping me. I sincerely mean that!!!

Define extension_dir as c:\php\ext (for example, the location of your php extensions directory).

OK, on my server, the PHP folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP, and then there are 3 folders within the PHP, v5.3,v5.4,and v5.5, all have this below

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
                ; http://php.net/extension-dir
                ; extension_dir = "./"
                ; On windows:
                ; extension_dir = "ext"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am assuming this is where i am supposed to edit. Above i see "extension-dir" 3 times.

1)Which one do i edit?

2) Do i leave the " " there, there are 2 like that?

3) Do i point to where the folder is located on the server......extension_dir = "c://program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.5", or extension_dir =
                "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.5\php.ini"? Or that's wrong completely?

4) Do i edit and point the 5.5, or do i edit and point them all 5.3,5.4,5.5?

5) Or do i create my own folder PHP, if so, do i leave it empty, and then point it there?

Thanks Again!!!!
                Last edited by Kobe 310; 4th August 2014, 15:10.

Comment

Out of my realm of ability i'm afraid but does this help at all??

http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...ss-on-whs-pp2/

It deals with WHS but it should be a similar process.

If I get some free time i'll spool up a VM and try it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe 310
                    type in localhost I get IIS 7
                    Have you followed the instructions in the link Wullie provided about installing WP on IIS?
                    Did you modify/edit the WP-CONFIG.PHP file to point to the database location and provide the database credentials?

If you have, then tell us what steps you have followed. Also, only use the latest version of WP. Make sure if this is a production version to change the default Username and Password for WP. admin and admin123 are not secure logon credentials.

Are you installing this on a Physical or VM?

Install specific to IIS 7.5.
                    Last edited by biggles77; 4th August 2014, 21:38.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks again wullieb1, will try.

biggles77,

i havent got past the prerequisites. below on my last post i commented on where i'm hung up.

Prerequisites

Comment

FINALLY, I FOUND THE WEBSITE WHERE I WAS ABLE TO FIRST INSTALL IT!!!!!!

http://codex.wordpress.org/Install_I..._Installer_3.0

PIECE OF CAKE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO EDIT ANYTHING!!!!! 5 MINUTES ......

DONE

THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR HELPING. IT'S GREAT TO KNOW THAT THERE IS HELP WHEN YOU GET STUCK, KNOWING YOUR THERE IS HALF THE BATTLE. IT ALLOWS ME, AND I'M SURE OTHERS, TO STAY CONFIDENT AND NEVER GIVE UP. THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

...ok, now back to my sophos..LOL
                        Last edited by Kobe 310; 5th August 2014, 23:17.

Comment

Working...
                        X