Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen capture

Hi ,

We are using a terminal server on windows server 2008. Now we are having almost 10 users in our network. Now we need to monitor their activity on the server. Is their any software available which can take the screen shot on a regular interval or at a random time...

Is there any utility available in windows itself

Thanks,

Re: screen capture

AFAIK nothing in Windows, although some scripting might be possible.
    I don't know about use on RDS, but Net Monitor (http://www.networklookout.com/) has worked for me in the past

OK, it appears to work on RDS: http://www.networklookout.com/help/setup.htm

There are other products available too - a short session with Mr will help you make a more informed decision
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tom (or any of us deity like people ), what was that company Daniel used to work for that has some recording software that did this sort of thing? Would have been 7 or 8 years ago. From memory it did screenshots to full motion. It was really good and useful for this type of operation. If I find it in a search I will post it back here.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

ObserveIT works too.

i find that monitoring activity is useless. if you set things up correctly and prohibit the things you dont want done in the first place, then you dont have to monitor anything. restrict logons to where they are supposed to logon, IPSEC for connections between servers, etc. etc...

set up email notifications for instances where behavior is not as expected...

screeen shots and video will only provide you with evidence after the fact. having the knowledge before they get there is useful in prevention, their snapshot is only good to fire them...
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

ObserveIT. Thank you James! Click image for larger version

Name:	happyclap.gif
Views:	2
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	466852
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

haha! i never knew daniel had anything to do with it, but im pretty sure that i got that tip from these boards.

imagine that...
            its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
            Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for providing nice links...

I appreciate your efforts...

Thanks...

Comment

spector360 might do it as well
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X