Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal service login problem

Hi ,

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 Edition , I have installed remote desktop services roles on the same computer. Now I have added my 5 users inside the remote desktop users group and try to login from their id to my rd server but i am getting the error , user can not login , as i need to allow them to login to terminal server ..or i need to add them in domain admin group..

I even create the group policy to allow login from remote desktop but still they are getting the same error. I restarted the server 2 -3 times after making gpo changes..

What may be the reason...how can i solve this..

Re: terminal service login problem

Are your users added to the Remote Desktop Users group under Local user and Groups? If users are not in this group they cannot log on. Please check if your users are in this group. Thanks

Comment

If the RDS server is part of AD domain then you need to create these users in your ADDS.

Comment

Hi ,

I have installed RD Server on a DC Server and my users are already their in Remote Desktop Users group. I even create a gpo to allow them to login..

Comment

Ah... all is revealed
          Since it is a DC - bloody silly thing to do IMHO - normal users will not be able to log on, only domain admins, so the behaviour you are seeing is expected.

You really should not make a DC into a RDS server as security will be severely compromised.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X