Computer Account Password Replication RODC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Account Password Replication RODC

Ok i reckon i know the answer to this but what are your thoughts on allowing computer account password replication on a remote RODC?

I have all the relevant user accounts i need on the server but i don't want the additional overhead of having to have a computer account as well.

I can't find anything that states either way.

Opinions please.

Re: Computer Account Password Replication RODC

Personally I don't see any issues as other security information is already being replicated to the RODC. It also gives you a further defence against losing the link from the branch office to the main AD site.

On the other hand, less maintenance if you DONT replicate the computer accounts
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Personally I don't see any issues as other security information is already being replicated to the RODC. It also gives you a further defence against losing the link from the branch office to the main AD site.

On the other hand, less maintenance if you DONT replicate the computer accounts
      Yeah exactly what i was thinking Tom.

I'll sync the computer accounts and advise the guys that they must add them to a specific group.

Cheers.

Comment

How many accounts? Even though they have a 30 day (by default) "life", I believe they talk back to the boss ever 7 days. Not that much overhead there I would have thought (but then I did cock up the FAT32 file size limit. )
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          How many accounts? Even though they have a 30 day (by default) "life", I believe they talk back to the boss ever 7 days. Not that much overhead there I would have thought (but then I did cock up the FAT32 file size limit. )

There are only around 7 accounts so nothing dramatic. I just need to remember if there are changes to add appropriately.

Comment

Working...
          X